- Install the perl-URPM 3.37 package available in main/testing repository ( 32 bits link, 64 bits link )
- remove all your current media :
- add cooker media :
urpmi.addmedia --distrib --mirrorlist 'http://api.mandriva.com/mirrors/basic.cooker.$ARCH.list'
- upgrade your Mandriva installation :
If you have issues and error message like Unable to open /usr/lib/rpm/rpmrc for reading then it means that perl-URPM have not been updated and the rpm database conversion is not complete. Indeed part of the conversion of the rpm database is handled by perl-URPM, so if the new version is not installed, then your database end up not being completly converted. So to do this, you will have to download the latest perl-URPM version in cooker repository, extract its content with rpm2cpio, and then initiate the conversion :
- download the perl-URPM 4 and urpmi packages in cooker main/release repository in /tmp/rpm5
- as root, go the previous directory :
- extract perl-URPM content with rpm2cpio in the current /tmp/rpm5 directory :
rpm2cpio perl-URPM-4*.rpm | cpio -idmv
- extract urpmi package content with rpm2cpio in the current /rpm/rpm5 directory :
rpm2cpio urpmi*.rpm | cpio -idmv
- in the /tmp/rpm5 initiate the rpm database conversion :
perl -I. -Murpm -e 'URPM::DB::convert("/", "btree", 1, 1)'
- now install the urpmi and perl-URPM package :
rpm -Uvh *.rpm
- You can finish to upgrade your system :
Normally you system should be updated to the latest cooker release. Happy testing !!!